The format of datasource *-ds.xml files hasn't changed.  You can now  also
use tx-connection-manager (etc) tags to deploy any resource adapter.

If you want to use the plain mbean deployment descriptors you have to move
the ManagedConnectionFactoryName attribute from the connection manager
mbean to the pool mbean.

Not very pleasant, but

1. I think people should use the *-ds.xml format: this can remain constant
even if the underlying mbeans  change.

2. better now than later after 3.2 is released.

david