The idea is a simple build.xml with minimal setup (cvs client, Ant, a JDK, a
couple modifications to an Ant properties file).

The build.xml does the cvs copyout, compile, test case run, shutdown and
then FTPs the results to a web site. This build.xml only works unattended
with fixes that are in >=3.0.7 and 3.2 branches.

We will be scheduling the tester to run regularly on the tip of all major
source branches (4.0 will be added soon) and results will be archived for
every release, so anyone can make sure the failures they get from a home
install are the 'correct' set for a given release.

Over time we will be setting up the tester for more JDKs and OSes. The
initial set of OSes is:

  RedHat Linux 2.4.18-26.8.0
  RedHat Linux 2.2.16-22
  RedHat Linux 2.2.14-5.0
  Windows 2000
  Windows NT
  Windows XP
  Solaris 5.9
  AIX 4.3
  AIX 5.1L
  HP-UX 11i
  HP-UX 11

We would also like to extend the test result archive to include results of
testsuite execution using other DBMSes and JMS providers.

-Fred