Only if you distribute it.  If you don't distribute it then its not enacted.
So if you hack jboss up for your internal systems, you're not obligated.  If
you distribute those to the outside world, you're obligated.

However, take this advice for utter BS (and Juha's too, no offense).  The
best advice anyone can get regarding ANY software license is ask an
attorney.

As an experienced open source guy, the first thing I did when I started
making any substantial amount of money was find an attorney.  I can make a
recommendation for one if you need one.

-Andy

On 8/21/03 6:21 AM, "Juha Lindfors" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Subclasses would fall under LGPL, as far as I can tell, if they're
> distributed publically.
>
> -- Juha
>
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jim Brownfield wrote:
>
>> I believe subclassing would also be OK, so if you need to modify
>> functionality, you might be able to extend a JBoss class without making your
>> code opensource.
>>
>> --
>> Jim Brownfield
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Radical System Solutions, Inc.

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.