View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3821351#3821351

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3821351

I get the need to have the dispatch of the logical setAttribute("Foo") to some method
other than setFoo on the resource, but the Invocation type is not staying consistent
with the invocation coming from the server. The use case I'm working with is to set an
authentication interceptor globally that only handles operations originating from the
MBeanServer invoke call. The invocation of the 'notSetFoo' operation to actually set
the 'Foo' attribute still should have type InvocationContext.OP_SETATTRIBUTE.

However, since an Invocation is already a dispatcher, what I would like to see in the
ModelMBeanAttributeInterceptor invoke implementation is:

         if (setMethod != null)

         {

            // if setter was found, invoke the corresponding setter operation

            try

            {

               invocation.dispatch();

            }

            catch (Throwable t)

            {

               throw new InvocationException(t);

            }

         }

With the attribute InvocationContexts setup correctly to have the method

dispatcher. Do you see a problem in making this change?