I'm looking for a way to get information supplied by the nukes framework in XML
format.

An example use would be flash components or applets (running as a module) that can
access the server and all its provided security and user session environment without a
full browser page request.

In a vanilla J2EE app, this would be done with JSP or servlets rather easily.  As far
as I can see from looking at it, Nukes does not allow a custom servlet (in a user
module without adding to the core) and the JSPs have all the portal stuff added to
them.

Am I overlooking a simple way to make XML data available from a module?  Like a
parameter to pass to the jsp to tell it not to nukify it?
Right now I see extending the core with my own servlet as the easiest approach.

Suggestions?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3828995#3828995

Reply to the post :