I haven't done a lot of experimentation here, so please have patience.  What I think
you can do is put stuff in a .sar file or directory as follows:

  | myapplication.sar/
  |     metadata1-aop.xml
  |     metadata2-aop.xml
  |      myweb.war

Read these as well:

http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Packaging
http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RunningWithJBossApplicationServer

Instead of putting stuff in the web-inf/lib directory, have this structure:

  | myapplication.sar/
  |      mylibrary.aop/
  |            com/mycompany/Foo.class....
  |            META-INF/jboss-aop.xml
  |      mylibrary2.aop/
  |            com/mycompany/Bar.class....
  |            META-INF/jboss-aop.xml
  |       myweb.war

Get back to me with problems.  Hey, if you're interested, could you possibly write up
some of your experiences with packaging on our WIKI?   A HOWTO or something?

With JBoss AOP beta2 release you will also be able to embed metadata as annotations
within .class files.  The annotations are binary compatible with JDK 1.5 annotations.
JBoss AOP beta2 release will be may 4th or 5th.

Bill

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3833656#3833656

Reply to the post :