Bugs item #964508, was opened at 2004-06-01 15:53
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by davetron5000
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=964508&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
In server/src/main/org/jboss/web/WebService.java on line 293,
the following call is made:

address = ServerConfigUtil.fixRemoteAddress(address);

This converts the configured jboss.bind.address (or whatever
was used in jboss-service.xml) and turns it into a name-based
InetAddress.

This seems wrong, since if you specified a jboss.bind.address
to be an ip address, you want the RMI Codebase URL to use
the ip address.  This URL gets sent to clients and the clients
may not have DNS (or worse, may not have correct DNS).

Yes, it is overridable by a system property, but I can think of
no reason to default to sending the hostname.  It may make
sense if the jboss.bind.address is the default of 0.0.0.0, but if it
is specified, that exact value should be used.