Bugs item #973897, was opened at 2004-06-16 19:42
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=973897&group_id=22866

Category: JBossMX
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
UpdateAttributes method in HtmlAdaptorServlet has a
section of code something like
      while( paramNames.hasMoreElements() )
      {
         String param = (String) paramNames.nextElement();
         if( param.equals("name") ||
param.equals("action") )
            continue;
         String value = request.getParameter(param);
         log.trace("name="+param+", value='"+value+"'");
         // Ignore null values, these are empty
write-only fields
         if( value == null || value.length() == 0 )
            continue;
         attributes.put(param, value);
      }

The check for value == null || value.length() == 0 is
kind of wrong for my case.
Im trying to use a XMBean that would store the values
from the JMX-Console to a filestore that i have created
using Properties.load(not the
ObjectStreamPersistenceManager but something along the
line that uses the Property.save to store the data in a
name=value fashion).

The problem im getting is that if i want to clear out
any of the attributes that have been set already, the
above code comes to the check of value.length() == 0
and since its blank, just moves to the next request
param. I would like to remove this check from there so
that even though i blank out my value, i need that to
get persisted.

Please let me know if you need a detailed explanation
or if the above is not clear

I just need the value.length() == 0 check removed but
not sure if thats going to cause an issue somewhere else.

Thanks a bunch
Raja