Howdy all!

background: In our db we have a rather large table (>500k entries). Said table
is growing over time but not all entries are live. We are aware of this so we
prune the table about once a week. The only live entries that we are sure of at
run-time are those that are actually requested by the client systems. What I
want to do is to cache only the requested entries.
I do not want to lift the entire table into the cache.

I therefore implemented a rudimentary cache loader and when my test app calls
get(Fqn,Key) I expected the CacheLoader.get(Fqn,Key) to called. Instead
get(Fqn) is called. I return an empty hash map since I can't tell what actual
entry that is reqeusted.

The actual call sequence seems to be:

TreeCache.get(Fqn,Key)
CacheLoader.exists(Fqn) (I return true)
CacheLoader.get(Fqn) (return an empty hash map)

And then TreeCache.get(Fqn,Key) returns null.

I've been fippling with the various options in the config file to no avail and
now I'm at my wits end.

I'm grateful for any help.

cheers

Erik

The relevant entries in the config file:

false
false
false
com.ongame.naps.cache.NapsCacheLoader

My code:

public class Cache {

  public Cache(){
      .
      .
      .
      fCache = new TreeCache();
      PropertyConfigurator pc = new PropertyConfigurator();
      pc.configure(fCache,conf_file);
      // the cache loader is set in the config file

      fCache.setFetchStateOnStartup(false);
      fCache.create();
      fCache.startService();
      .
      .
  }

  public Entry get(Fqn domain,long key){
      .
      .
      Entry entry = fCache.get(domain, new Long(key));
      .

  }

}

View the original post :