Bugs item #1078243, was opened at 2004-12-03 11:10
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tdiesler
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=1078243&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v4.0

Initial Comment:
I have a stateless SessionBean that is also a
javax.ejb.TimedObject.

I set the timer running by calling a 'schedule'
business method

        public void schedule(int mins) {
                TimerService timerService =
mySessionCtx.getTimerService();
                // Now and every mins minutes
                timerService.createTimer(0L, 60000L * mins, "iPML
export timer.");
        }

This methods gets called from the init method of a
Servlet.. everything works except that two timers get
created.. the second about 20 seconds after the first..

I have tracked it down to the following problem.. but
am not sure how to solve it.

1. The timer gets created and a row is written into the
localDB hypersonic database.

2. Once jboss is started (approx 20 seconds after the
init method of my servlet was called) a notification is
sent to org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy
line 102
where the method
      restoreTimers();
is called

3. This method reads the row in hsqldb and creates
another duplicate txtimer

The other thing that I noticed was that the instance
variable 'instancePk' of the class
org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimedObjectId never gets assigned
any value.

This bug is against jboss-4.0.1RC2

Yours
Phil