Hm, I have the feeling that you misread my mail.

The only thing I say is only address one of the goals at a time (sendmail etc.
/ exchange). It you try to replace both, then you will fail, as both are best
of their kind.

Perhaps the JBmail design should be some "horizontal multi tier", meaning:
having a simple mail router as a frontend, which also gets exposed to internet
etc. This one only knows how to route mail and to refuse mail to unknown
receipients / from spammers ... The second tier would know how to route mail to
the first tier and else only be able to route internally between known users.
Communication between the tiers could go over JMS, but also over smtp to allow
to use e.g. sendmail for the first tier and JBMail for the second one (or the
other way round with JBMail/Exchange).

I don't know why you got the impression that I'd hate Exchange.

  Heiko

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3860160#3860160

Reply to the post :