I've just tried this again with 4.0.1 and it does look like a HTTP 1.1 problem
with Tomcat.

If anyone is interested, the workaround is to tell your .NET webservice to use
HTTP 1.0 by adding the following code to your proxy class.

  | protected override System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
  | {
  |     System.Net.HttpWebRequest req;
  |     req = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)base.GetWebRequest(uri);
  |
  |     req.ProtocolVersion = System.Net.HttpVersion.Version10;
  |     return req;
  | }

I'll try and post a sample app as a bug report onto SF.

btw, when you do this, it all works like a charm!  Are there any downsides to
using HTTP 1.0 instead of 1.1?

Cheers,

Dave.

View the original post :