The issue is that it's not a normal part of the JVM release which is why
everyone has their own.

The one I needed was the one that shipped with JBoss in my case in the
server/default/lib directory, the one I was getting was in my JVM's jre/lib/ext
directory. That's what created the compatibility issue between the mail.jar and
the activation.jar. That's just my particular case, but on windows with any
number of applications having their own copy it's a real case of the jar
equivalent to dll hell. "whereis" would have helped me track down the issue
quicker and was sorely missed on the windows box.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862902#3862902

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3862902