1) Persistence

anonymous wrote : I want to see some work done on the persistence layer, in
particular
  | the equivalent of these tasks for JBossMQ:
  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMQ-12
  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMQ-11
  | These will be the most important aspects for performance and scalability
  | and they can't just be bolted on later without proper consideration of
  | how they should be plugged in.

The persistence support was only briefly addressed so far. Everything related
to persistence is "hidden" behind the MessageStore and AcknowledgmentStore
interfaces.  I expect that their implementation will delegate the persistence
work to a PersistenceManager, which will the subject of various optimizations.

I created a new JIRA task for that:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-18. It contains the initial
specifications (JBMQ-11 and JBMQ-12).

The corresponding forum thread is
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=59084

2) MessageCache

The MessageStore functions as a MessageCache too. It first caches the messages
in memory and/or reliably store if necessary. When I will detail the
implemetation of the MessageStore, this will become more obvious. See
"MessageStore/AcknowledgmentStore" section in the core design document:
http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossMessagingCore

3) Message Ordering

Good point. http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-19

4) Errors and Logging

What I usually do is that I use DEBUG statements for logging life-cycle related
operations and TRACE for logging individual requests. I will sprinkle them
around more liberally.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862963#3862963

Reply to the post :