Hi everyone.

As far as I know the interceptor is responsible for setting the global MIME
type. I would like to ask if there is a possibility to set the global MIME type
somewhere in the configuration ? Or mayby pass a paramerter which will forse
the portal to switch the MIME type for a certain session.

Why am I asking such questions ? I have a dream ;) to build up a WAP (in all
meanings of this - WML, xHTML, cHTML) portal on top of JBoss Portal. So, I need
a way to tell the portal what mime type I would like to have for my session.

And one more thing, it's very important too when dealing with WAP stuff - the
composition of the page. Portlets are displayed all (regardless of state) on a
page they belong to.  And this is OK when you come to the portal from the web.
You have big screan and other abilities to see very rich content.
Then imagine you're browsing the portal with the SonyEricsson P900. You still
have posibility to see quite rich content - the P900 supports xHTML, a subset
of HTML. But you'll probably want to have links to your portlets on your pages
instead of portlets itself.

We have the great time right now - the alpha state of the portal ;), this means
we still can add more usefull functionality to the product. Imagine you're able
to submit your content (information and services) once and to reach it via
different channels - web, wap (WML, xHTML, cHTML). Yes, I know the "write once
- debug evereywhere" problem ;), but I believe that human beings like
challenges ;).

What do you think about this ? Do you see it usefull ?

Best regards,
Arturas B.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863096#3863096