Clarify what you mean by the "advanced config option" here please:

  | But this could be worked around by allowing an "advanced config option"
  | List beans = EJBDeployment.getBeans();
  | //process beans to add config;
  | EJBDeployment.setBeans(beans);

This convenience config topic is too wide open to grok effectively because its
mixing several different layers. Its a variation of the *-ds.xml vs the
underlying jboss-service.xml mbeans for the datasource layer, and as such its
really intersecting with the admin ui layer. Turing around and discussing how
this impacts the type interfaces showing up at the object based kernel
metamodel is making a huge leap without any usecases to justify it.

Due to the historical tight coupling of xml configuration views with xml
parsing showing up in the codebase, I want to be clear that when we discuss
configuration using xml fragments that this implies the existence of a jbossxb
layer which is handling the actual xml to object transformation. As such, a
convience configuration further impiles another layer on top of the jbossxb
layer. The layer could just be an xml transformation to the full schema, or it
could be another namespace that maps to jbossxb factories that extend the full
schema factories.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3864279#3864279

Reply to the post :