This is the common behavior mode when there is aggregation:
anonymous wrote :
  | The use case I can think of where coupling of metadata is required is when
the classloader metadata is constructed. Each subdeployment can add metadata
(urls) to the top level metadata that creates the classloader.

  | This is probably the more common pattern. i.e. Each subdeployment builds up
metadata (e.g. urls) at the top level which is processed last and adds global
policy (e.g. classloader isolation, java2 delegation, etc.)

A given deployment is likely to have configuration of an aspect that needs to
be merged into the aggregate view when the deployment is joined to other
deployments. In addition to class loading, logging and security are two more
examples of aspects that should have an aggregate metadata and behavior. Its
also non-deterministic as to what the aggregate behavior should be. In the case
of logging it may be that the independent logging configurations should be left
as is. An equally valid view is that the logging configuration seen at the root
most level takes precedence.

Likewise how the merged security aspect should behave is arbitrary. It can be
anything from independent untrusted domains to a global override from the root,
to federated domains that have to arrange migration of security contexts based
on trust relationships that are described by metadata that has no meaning in
absence of aggregation.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3864280#3864280

Reply to the post :