I am also having the same issue, I have downloaded the latest binary
distribution.  Jboss-portal-2.0-alpha.zip.  I have followed the PDF
installation exaclty.  I have couple of small suggestion as a Joe Schmoe user
to improve the installation manual.

1.  Please add to the instructions that you need to copy the mysql JDBC driver
to default/lib, it currently just states you need to download the connector
distro.  The connection is obvious to anyone who's dealt with JBOSS, but if
you're a noob, then it could be a problem.

2.  The default server's directory is "default" is JBOSS 4.0.1 not "standard"

I have JBOSS 4.0.1.  Here is the exact version
JBoss 4.0.1sp1 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_1_SP1 date=200502160314)

I have copied jgroups.jar and jboss-cache.jar into the default server's lib
from the all lib.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868891#3868891

Reply to the post :