The issue, that http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1405:

So we can take out the Xid padding from the XidFactory, and pad the Xid right
before sending it to start and end. But according to Bill Burke in that issue,

"The way this will work will be to add the padding flag to both the
ManagedConnectionFactory wrapper and to the Connection Manager."

And then ...

"One more comment, ConnectionManager will use this metadata and store it within
a ConnectionListener. The ConnectionListener will be responsible for doing
padding on the XAResource if it requires it."

So I understand how to make the metadata, and set it using it an -xa-ds.xml
file, which would set a flag in the TxConnectionManager instance. The
TxConnectionManager would then be passed into the XAManagedConnectionFactory.

My question is: Will the ConnectionListener really be the one to pad? The
XAManagedConnection is the one with the

start(Xid xid, int flags)
end(Xid xid, int flags)

methods. Couldn't the flag get passed on to the XAManagedConnection and allow
the XAManagedConnection to be responsible? Maybe there's something I'm missing
but the ConnectionListener doesn't seem to do much. Or maybe it needs to use
the Xid for recovery.

Thanks,

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868900#3868900