I want my client to receive asynchronous callbacks so I start a colocated
callback server for it:

  |       // start the callback server
  |       InvokerLocator callbackServerLocator = new InvokerLocator("whatever");
  |       Connector connector = new Connector();
  |       connector.setInvokerLocator(callbackServerLocator.getLocatorURI());
  |       connector.start();
  |
  |        // this is unnecessary
  |        connector.addInvocationHandler("irelevant", new
WhateverServerInvocationHandler());
  |        // end of unnecessary
  |
  |        // add the push callback
  |        client.addListener(new MyInvokerCallbackHandler(),
callbackServerLocator);

Intuitively, if I start the callback server for the only purpose of receiving
callbacks, I don't need to specify any custom behavior, hence no need to
register any ServerInvocationHandler with my callback server.

However, if I don't add a ServerInvocationHandler, when trying to
client.addListener(), I get

  | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Can not find a
subsystem handler to take invocation request.
  |         at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:309)

The callback server shouldn't care, it should allow registering callback
listeners and actually handle callbacks without requiring a
ServerInvocationHandler. Does it sound right?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3871563#3871563

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3871563