Adrian,

Thanks for the direction.  I am anxious to move off of the UIL, so perhaps I
should start with the UIL2 port? We have to support the library now anyway, as
we use it in production. We'd really benefit from broader use, so that issues
get flushed out sooner. So, in other words, we're ready for the responsibility.

How much life would you say remains for the old jbossmq? I'm just trying to
guage whether a UIL2-based protocol will have much of a lifespan. Will the
existing jbossmq and UIL2 be in jb4.0? (Is there a place of reference for this,
sorry if I am asking a dumb question).

Regarding cvs, can I just cut a branch to work from? What should I use as my
branch point?

On the implementation, my plan was to actually modify UIL2 to not use
ObjectStreams, and to accept additional configuration parameters to either use
the existing java oriented message encoding, or the new message encoding we
would add. Alternatively, I could create a new package and completely separate
IL.

thanks,
fawce

View the original post :