"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : The XADataSource should just be a factory, it
should be the connections that are the
  | heavy weight objects.
  | I'd guess this is the usual "You don't pay for what you don't use"
  | philosophy that JBoss normally does.

I could also instantiate them lazily. But then I would have to keep
initialization of data per datasource. As you said, datasources themselves
don't look heavy weight. That's the reason for my question whether it's a big
deal. It doesn't look to me as it is.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : It looks like the only change you made to the
existing stuff was to make
  | the xa props a protected field, so I don't see why it would be problem
backporting
  | to JBoss4 (assuming you didn't break the stylesheet :-).

Not a problem at all. I just want to port less times if there are issues.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : Do you have it documentated somewhere on the WIKI
(as experimental)?
  | http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossJCA

Will write something today or tomorrow.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : and add a subtask here:
  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1597

Yes, will do. The DTD already has ha-local elements.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872192#3872192

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3872192