"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : The important part here is that it remains
configurable, either by a deployer or end-user. I'd like to see exactly how
configurable it can be. For instance, when I maximize a portlet, can I still
have side-bar navigation to its left? Some people may elect to not have
top/bottom navigational elements, but have a consistent navigation along the
side.

The Layout Strategy lets you ommit any portlet you want from the render
process, and also change the region assignment of a portlet for the duration of
the request. So you could do something like: exclude all portlets other than
the maximized one, and all portlets in the nav or head region.
Or, you could move the maximized portlet into the maximized region, and all
other portelts into the left region.
The strategy lets you also  point to another jsp or servlet in the same layout
to generate the markup. So you could have a normal.jsp and a maximized.jsp. In
case there is a maximized portlet in the current request, the strategy tells
the layout to use the maximized.jsp, otherwise to use the normal.jsp

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3874136#3874136

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3874136