Can we please stop using html emails. Especially MSHTML.
I tried to reply to this e-mail and got a screen.

Anyway. As I said before. The main constraint to using JBossRetro
is fixing the AnnotationHelper to understand classloaders.

Eventually, this should be linked with the ClassInfo
abstraction, but that will likely require more work
than what is currently required for AnnotationHelper to work.

i.e. classloader == clazz.getClassLoader();
because AnnotationHelper knows the Class.

The fix should basically be to copy what AOP does.
If you like I can reproduce it. I had it working in the case
where it is told the classloader.
It is harder in the more general ClassInfo case where it has
to determine the classloader for superclases/interfaces, etc.
that are not already loaded.