From: Scott M Stark
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:57 AM
To: jboss-development@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: QA
Subject: unit test structure chaos

The lack of correlation between a unit test in the jbossas/testsuite and
its associated deployment artifacts is rather severe. To pull together
everything in a given unit test currently requires:

1. Find the deployment artifacts in the test class
2. Look in testsuite/imports/sections/{org.jboss.test.package}-*.xml to
find how the deployment artifact is built.
3. Find the testsuite/src/resources/{org.jboss.test.package} resources
pulled in by the deployment ant fragment.

There is zero chance of this mapping to a structure mvn understands
since I can't. I can't find any docs on how a testsuite structure would
differ from any other mvn notion, so I guess this means a mvn pom.xml
per test artifact and associated test classes? Perhaps a unit test
plugin is in order as I don't see producing a canonical mvn structure
for the jbossas/testsuite happening anytime in the near future.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
VP Architecture & Technology
JBoss Inc.