Adrian Brock wrote:
I've closed the JTA issue:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3155

AFAIK, this originally comes from the OTS spec.

Synchronizations were standardised first in the OTS. Prior to that everyone did it in a vendor-specific manner.

I guess the only way an OTS backed JTA impl
could implement the new stuff:
http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr907/907-ChangeLog.html#registerInterposedSynchronization%28javax.transaction.Synchronization%29

Is for registerSynchronization() to directly invoke
afterCompletion() if the transaction is not active.

Strikes me that the user could do this themselves anyway!?

Not sure what you mean. That reference is purely about registering a subordinate synchronization with the original transaction coordinator. JBossTS does this already because it's an optional part of the OTS specification. You create and enlist the sub-synchronization with the root transaction when the context is imported and then when any local synchronizations are added, they register with the sub-synchronization.

Mark.