If I recall correctly, they tried that setup initially but ran into the
locking issues that plagued the earlier Hibernate/JBossCache
integrations.

Conceivably they could try with the new optimistic-locking-based
provider, but we really need some performance numbers here to see how a
local, optimistic JBossCache configuration performs against EhCache...

Good point - why doesn't Portal ship with Hibernate configured with
JBoss Cache?

On 12 May 2006, at 19:34, Adrian Brock wrote:

<SNIP />

> The solutions are:
> 1) JBoss Portal's session factory is configured to use JBoss Cache
> not EhCache

<SNIP />