Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
We certainly need to maintain compatibility between the 4.x (and 3.2.x)
versions, so the serialVersionUID must be the same, although I don't
know why this Mbean needs to be serializable in the first place.

It should be serializable because an instance is bound to the JNDI. But actually is supposed to be used locally.

And since you are just adding fields, implementing Externalizable should
not really be needed, you could initialize any missing field in
readObject(ObjectInputStream), I think.

But how would I know that a field is missing?

Thanks,

alex