This sounds A LOT like what's happenning to me, in message with subject:
CAN YOU HELP? Nested findBys on the same Home interface don't work.

Luis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sietze Dijkstra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 10:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [jBoss-User] Weird stuff with finder results

Hello, All

I would like to post the following question to the community:

I am writing some custom finder methods for CMP Entity Beans (which have
been tested). Some return single objects, others return Collections. The
finders returning single objects function perfectly.

The problem is, when I try to access the Collections (by wrapping a Vector
around them) I can see each remote object, it returns the correct number of
objects and I can succesfully cast them to the remote interface I'm looking
for.

However, when I try to subsequently access the bean via this interface, it
goes wrong, dumping the following stack trace (in the output pane):

[Player] TRANSACTION ROLLBACK EXCEPTION:null; nested exception is:
        java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException
[Player] java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException

--snip--

Having read through Java2's documentation, I assume that the Container has
found the correct records in the underlying database, translated the
resulting ResultSet into a Collection (ArrayList?) and then either forgot to
instantiate the EJBs or passivated them.

Has anyone seen this before and -better yet =)- knows a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Sietze Dijkstra
Centaur Media Technology