-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Byron Foster
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 17:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [jBoss-User] Problem with UndeclaredThrowableException

Hello,

   I've recently been developing an application with JBoss.  I'm using
the Jboss Final 2.0 bundled with tomcat 3.2 b7  distribution.   When I
throw one of my defined exceptions from a set method of a CMP entity
bean the exception gets wrapped in a
java.reflect.UndecalaredThrowableException. The problem occurs when I
call a set method of a EJB CMP bean from a bean in tomcat.   I've
searched the jboss-user archive for this problem, and it appears that
others have experienced something similar.  However,  I never found a
working solution.   I bundle the application in a ear file that contains
a war file for all web pieces of the app, and a ejb jar file for the EJB
beans.

     I can pass back an object such as Foo without a problem, and I can
also throw an Exception defined within the JDK without a problem.

       I've tried the following things to fix the problem:

1)   Downloaded the most recect cvs snapshot of jboss and compiled a new
jboss-client.jar file.

2)   Pointed JBoss at the 3.2.1 version of tomcat.

3)   Start Jboss without any CLASSPATH enviroment set.

I'm currently using SQLExceptions for now to work around this problem.

Thanks in advanced.

small snippet of the Exception:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException:
com.xceed.devolve.ejb.ValidationException: Heading of content cannot be
blank
        at com.xceed.devolve.ejb.ContentBean.setHeading(ContentBean.java:77)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(EntityContainer.ja
va:722)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntitySynchronizationInterceptor.invoke(EntitySynchron
izationInterceptor.java:208)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityInstanceInterceptor.invoke(EntityInstanceInterce
ptor.java:204)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invokeNext(TxInterceptorCMT.java:133)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.
java:263)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:99)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:14
4)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
        at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.invoke(EntityContainer.java:323)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker.invoke(JRMPContainerI
nvoker.java:163)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker.invoke(JRMPContainerI
nvoker.java:228)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.EntityProxy.invoke(EntityProxy.java:14
6)
        at $Proxy12.setHeading(Unknown Source)
        at
com.xceed.devolve.web.data.EditArticleFormHandler.saveBean(EditArticleFormHa
ndler.java:91)
        at com.xceed.devolve.web.data.FormHandler.service(FormHandler.java:27)
        at
com.xceed.devolve.web.servlet.ForwardServlet.doFormHandler(ForwardServlet.ja
va:177)
        at
com.xceed.devolve.web.servlet.ForwardServlet.service(ForwardServlet.java:136
)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)