Nils Olav Selåsdal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Will there soon be a decent deployment/packaging tool for JBoss?
> The EJX i find rater usless, its simply a GUI for editing a xml file.
> I need full configuration for my jms queues/topics my datasources,
> etc. .The jmx managment system lets me do some of this, but since its not
> percistent
> its not that usefull for administrating a jboss installation.
> I, and others, find manually editing xml files useless and just to much
> work...

All you need is the DTD (available on the web site or via CVS) and a
good XML editor. I use Emacs for that and it always displays me what
elements I can insert, inserts them for me, displays what attributes I
can use etc. So I actually only fill in the parameters. If you like it
rather the graphical way, you may want to try Xeena, available at

http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech, Section XML

For creating the ejb-jars, wars and ears I'd strongly suggest you to
use Ant to automate that process. Building and (re-)deploying a new
ear containing an ejb-jar and a war just takes me a C-c C-v C-c using
Ant. Ant is available at

http://jakarta.apache.org

--
    (o_     Raffael Herzog