Title: Need help with custom MBean dependencies
After some trial and error and reviewing the ConfigurationService.java source, it appears that in order to have custom MBeans start in the appropriate order, they must be defined in jboss.jcml only, not in jboss.conf.  Removing the MLET tags for my custom beans from jboss.conf caused them to be loaded dynamically in ConfigurationService.create().  Is this the expected behavior?

--Kevin
-----Original Message-----
From: Wood, Kevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 11:39 AM
To: JBoss-User
Subject: [jBoss-User] Need help with custom MBean dependencies

I have been using JBoss 2.0 with some custom MBeans that we have developed.  These MBeans are dependent on JBoss MBeans, as they require the naming service, JMS, etc when they start up.  They do not implement the org.jboss.util.Service interface explicitly, but do implement all of the required methods.  I was able to work our the correct startup order by specifying dependencies in jboss.dependencies.

I am now trying to get these same MBeans to start in JBoss 2.1 in the correct order.  I have followed the changes to dependency handling in 2.1 and added my MBeans to jboss.conf and the end of jboss.jcml in the correct order as described in Scott Stark's posting at http://www.mail-archive.com/jboss-user@list.working-dogs.com/msg09202.html but cannot get the beans to start in the correct order.  They are being started first, before any of the JBoss MBeans.

Here is an example of an entry in jboss.conf:
<MLET CODE = "com.ellacoya.resource.ldap.LDAPConnectionPoolService" ARCHIVE="ellacoya_dal.jar" CODEBASE="/workspace/swa/bsl/install/lib">

</MLET>

And from jboss.jcml:
<mbean code="com.ellacoya.resource.ldap.LDAPConnectionPoolService" name="Ellacoya:service=LDAPConnectionPoolService">
  <attribute name="LogWriter"></attribute>
</mbean>

I must be missing something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Kevin Wood