Hi,
I followed this guide 
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide/5/html/Using_other_Databases.html#creating_a_jdbc_client
 to configure datasource in jboss5 but I receive an errore when I try to 
execute this jsp page:

  | <%...@page contentType="text/html"
  |  import="java.util.*,javax.naming.*,javax.sql.DataSource,java.sql.*"
  |  %>
  |  <%
  |    
  |   DataSource ds = null;
  |   Connection con = null; 
  |   PreparedStatement pr = null; 
  |   InitialContext ic; 
  |   try {
  |   ic = new InitialContext();
  |   ds = (DataSource)ic.lookup( "java:/DefaultDS" );
  |   con = ds.getConnection(); 
  |   pr = con.prepareStatement("select cognome, nome, squadraA from 
giocatore");
  |   ResultSet rs = pr.executeQuery();
  |   while (rs.next()) {
  |   out.println("<br> " +rs.getString("cognome") + " | " + 
rs.getString("nome") + " | " +rs.getString("squadraA")); 
  |   }
  |   rs.close();
  |   pr.close();
  |   }catch(Exception e){
  |   out.println("Exception thrown " +e); 
  |   }finally{
  |   if(con != null){
  |   con.close();
  |  }      
  | } %> 
  | 

The error tells me that the table 'giocatore' does not exist but the query is 
correct, if I try it on a the db I receive the correct response.
So I followd this other guide: 
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/SetUpMysqlAsDefaultDS

but I have sono problem:
1) after I deleted $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/hsqldb-ds.xml and inserted 
$JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/jca/mysql-ds.xml in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy 
the guide say I have to modify the file 
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/standardjaws.xml but in my directory this file 
does not exist.
2) I changer in this way:
java:/DefaultDS    <datasource-mapping>mySQL</datasource-mapping>    
<fk-constraint>true</fk-constraint> 
the text in standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml
3) I copied these lines:

  | <application-policy name = "MySqlDbRealm">    <authentication>       
<login-module code = 
"org.jboss.resource.security.ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule" flag = "required">  
        <module-option name = "principal">angelo</module-option>          
<module-option name = "userName">angelo</module-option>          <module-option 
name ="password">palermo</module-option>          <module-option name = 
"managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=DefaultDS</module-option>
       </login-module>    </authentication> </application-policy>
  | 

where username and passowrd belongs to the db.
4)The point 7 of the guide says: anonymous wrote : Replace file 
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jms/hsql-jdbc2-service.xml by file 
$JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/jms/mysql-jdbc2-service.xml  
but the path does not exist in my jboss5 so the point 8 and 9 of the guide are 
not completed.

When I try to execute the jsp I receive this error:

  | Exception thrown javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: DefaultDS not bound 
  | 

So how can I configure datasource?
Thanks, bye bye.

View the original post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224168#4224168

Reply to the post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224168
_______________________________________________
jboss-user mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-user

Reply via email to