Kabir Khan [http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan%40jboss.com] replied
to the discussion

"Weld - pull from MC"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/551520#551520

So decorators are not supported for external beans no matter whether they are
pushed or pulled.

Also, I found that when we have a "pushed" external bean with a producer method
which is wrapped with an alternative Producer implementation (such as our
ExisitingInstanceMethodProducer), I can't see anything in the CDI api to be
able to figure out which bean manager the call came from. i.e. there does not
seem to be anything in the ProcessProducer event or in the CreationContext
passed in to Producer.produce(). This means it is impossible to have producer
methods with injected parameters in these producer methods coming from external
beans.

This works out of the box with the "pull" approach.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2115]