Tihomir Surdilovic [https://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the
discussion

"Re: Add custom buttons to web designer UI"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826960#826960

There is need to extend the current jBPM simulation backend and Designer to
include KPI to the current simulation capabilities. This is something we are
going to work on and I think what you are doing would fit there. If you want
ping us on IRC and we can see if what you doing can be incorporated into the
community code.

To answer your question, you would have to add your custom plugin to designer
code (  https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm-designer
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm-designer ). You can see a lot of examples
here
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm-designer/tree/master/jbpm-designer-client/src/main/resources/org/jbpm/designer/public/js/Plugins

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm-designer/tree/master/jbpm-designer-client/src/main/resources/org/jbpm/designer/public/js/Plugins.
 You register them in plugins.xml and also include them in inlineeditor.jsp.
Hope this is a good start, if you have more questions ping me on IRC and I'd be
glad to help.