I have managed to use Acegi Security for Authentication:

Portal Authentication with Acegi

To use Acegi Security for authentication open the login-config.xml in
JBOSS_HOME\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\config. Change the flag of
org.jboss.portal.identity.auth.IdentityLoginModule to ?sufficient? and add new
login-module configuration using the
org.acegisecurity.adapters.jboss.JbossAcegiLoginModule Login Module.

<application-policy name="portal">
  |       <authentication>
  |          <login-module
code="org.jboss.portal.identity.auth.IdentityLoginModule" flag="sufficient">
  |             <module-option
name="unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>
  |             <module-option
name="userModuleJNDIName">java:/portal/UserModule</module-option>
  |             <module-option
name="roleModuleJNDIName">java:/portal/RoleModule</module-option>
  |             <module-option
name="additionalRole">Authenticated</module-option>
  |             <module-option
name="password-stacking">useFirstPass</module-option>
  |          </login-module>
  |
  |             <login-module code =
"org.acegisecurity.adapters.jboss.JbossAcegiLoginModule"
  |             flag = "required">
  |             <module-option name =
"appContextLocation">acegisecurity.xml</module-option>
  |             <module-option name = "key">my_password</module-option>
  |             </login-module>
  |       </authentication>
  |    </application-policy>
The value in the "appContextLocation" is the name of the the acegi security
configuration file e.g. in the example acegisecurity.xml. Copy the acegi
security configuration file to the directory:

JBOSS_HOME\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-server.war\WEB-INF

The acegi configuration file contains the spring context definition including
all the authentication manager beans (For more information consult the Acegi
Security documentation). For Portal Authentication it is sufficient to define
the authentication manager.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
"http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd";>

  | <beans>
  |
  |     <bean id="authenticationManager"
  |             class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager">
  |             <property name="providers">
  |                     <list>
  |                             <ref bean="daoAuthenticationProvider" />
  |                     </list>
  |             </property>
  |     </bean>
  |

  |     <bean id="daoAuthenticationProvider"

class="org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider">
  |             <property name="userDetailsService" ref="userDetailsService" />
  |     </bean>
  |
  |     <bean id="userDetailsService"
  |             class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
  |             <property name="userMap">
  |                     <value>
  |                             myadmin=myadmin,Admin,Authenticated,
  |                             myuser=mysuser,User,Authenticated
  |                     </value>
  |             </property>
  |     </bean>
  |
  | </beans>
Another approach is to use the second approach is to use Spring singleton
capabilities for more information see:
http://sun.calstatela.edu/~cysun/documentation/acegi/acegi.html#ca-jboss

My next step will be to use Acegi Security within Portlets. Has anyone
experience with this?

Best Regards,

Anette

View the original post :