Well thank you for clarifying this! I was already wondering why seam would
introduce an extra transaction annotation, which lacks some of the EJB3
transactional attributes.

anonymous wrote :
  | By the way, you can always use the TransactionalSeamPhaseListener and
@TransactionAttribute(REQUIRES_NEW) to suspend the existing transaction during
a particular method call in INVOKE APPLICATION. Your method then executes in a
new transaction context - which is committed when the method returns.

  | As long as your are using a Seam-managed persistence context [EMAIL
PROTECTED] EntityManager, this should work fine even if your method calls other
transactional methods that use the entity manager.

However, I still have to say that tagging my method with
@TransactionAttribute(REQUIRES_NEW) and using a
"TransactionalSeamPhaseListener" does not work: All the data is written at the
very end of the invocation, which takes about 20 minutes.

Do you have any idea why your suggestion does/might not work in my szenario,
which is:

User klicks a link, which calls an action method of a SFSB (statefull), which
then calls a SLSB (stateless), which start inserting many entities by repeately
calling local methods of which some again call another SLSB's method.

BTW: In another forum thread somebody told me to use @TransactionTimeout, when
I ran into a TransactionTimeout exception, which occurred because the process
lasts for 20 minutes. I tried that without any luck.

I had to increase the Timeout in jta-service.xml in order for this single
transaction to complete at all. Because the suggested annotation did not extend
the Timeout and because your suggestions does not work for me either, I get the
feeling that those EJB3 annotations are not working with/on seam components.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043146#4043146

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043146