If i understand correctly, the solution is to tie the source of the event and
potential areas of change using the reRender attribute. This should work for
most of the cases. This is true for GWT as well, since you could link the UI
event with the widget to be refreshed.

Probably i could have a very specific case. The potential areas of change in my
case is not completely static (not known when i define the UI). Only at
runtime, after executing the controller action would i know the areas of
change. (depending on data entered in a widget, the logic determines what
parameters should be modified). So currently if i have to define it statically
it would be the union of all the potential areas of change (which becomes
almost the entire object graph itself.)

I hope i am not asking too much. But wouldnt it be great to automatically
detect the changes (atleast for the managed objects in JPA/hibernate) and
render those sections of UI alone, without even mentioning reRender ?

mani

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043848#4043848

Reply to the post :