I have an asynchronous method started from a SLSB.  I know I can access the
entitymanager in the async SLSB, is it possible to have Conversations or some
type of fine grained transaction control.

My async method takes a list of records and iterates over each record.  I need
to have the processing for each record occur in a separate transaction.  If I
don't use the method in the async mode, I can use Nested Conversations for each
record (at least that is what I"m trying to get working now).

It seems that I can not use the conversation context (even a new one) within an
async method.

I figure there has to be a way to have control over transactions, I just don't
know enough about J2EE transaction control to figure it out.  Any pointers
would be helpful.

Thanks,
Chris....

View the original post :