Hi,

I have just upgraded from JBoss 4.0.5 to 4.2.1, and at the same time upgraded
to Seam 2 from 1.2.1.

Everything is working fine except the hibernate validations, which don't seem
to be working at all.

This is my setup that was working with Seam 1.2.1

  | <s:decorate id="contactNoDecoration" template="layout/edit2.xhtml">
  |     <h:inputText id="contactNo" required="true"
  |             value="#{CaptureLead.contactNo}" class="input"
  |             style="width:100%">
  |             <a:support event="onblur" reRender="contactNoDecoration" />
  |     </h:inputText>
  | </s:decorate>

and my edit2.xhtml is

<ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
  |     xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets";
  |     xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html";
  |     xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core";
  |     xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib";>

  |             <ui:insert />
  |     </s:validateAll> </span>
  |     <s:message styleClass="error errors" />
  |

  | </ui:composition>

and

@Pattern(regex = "[0-9]{10}", message = "{validator.form.contactNo}")
  |     public String getContactNo() {
  |             return contactNo;
  |     }

This validation is no longer happening with the onblur (the required=true does
work though).... I had a look at the  seam doc and the only new thing I could
see was bypassUpdates="true". I added this with no luck.

Is there some configuration step that I have missed?

Thanks,
Sean.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066968#4066968