"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : anonymous wrote :  It's not necessarily straight
forward to just force several teams of developers to upgrade their version of
Seam, and also their version of JBoss AS in order to obtain bug fixes.

  | Well, here you actually have a much easier option: Seam 1.2.1 is part of
the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, for which you can buy
support/bugfixing services for a few years from Red Hat. Or, because it is open
source, you can fix it yourself or pay someone else to fix whatever you don't
like.

This comment suggests you think I want something for free...

We like the Seam framework a lot but we don't want to be in the business of
maintaining frameworks.  We are, however, paying customers of JBoss (now Red
Hat) - we even sent a good number of people to JBoss world for 2 years in a row
(no JBoss world this past summer :-( ) - so from my perspective, we're doing
our part to be payed customers - we're not looking for a free ride.  I think I
would be less willing to put my vote in for Seam-specific support after
watching the 1.3.0 Alpha disappear - just too much volatility in how it evolves.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083167#4083167

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083167