On 17 Apr: Peter Antman wrote:
> Wow, seems to be almost exactly what I need. It does also look like this
> could solve our little problem with the JMS objects not being in the
> java: namespace.

<snip>
> Then we could write an mbean entry like this:
>
>    <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.ExternalContext"
>name=":service=ExternalContext,jndiName=jms">
>      <attribute name="JndiName">java:jms/topic</attribute>
>      <attribute name="SubContext">topic</attribute>
>      <attribute name="InitialContext">javax.naming.InitialContext</attribute>
>       <attribute name="Properties">jndi.properties</attribute>
>   </mbean>

For binding a subcontext from a remote server you should be able to use the
Context.PROVIDER_URL
to specify the subcontext and so the SubContext attribute should not be necessary. To
create a local alias I would rather create a new NamingAlias mbean that created
LinkRefs:
    <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingAlias"
name=":service=NamingAlias,fromName=java:jms/topic">
      <attribute name="FromName">java:jms/topic</attribute>
      <attribute name="ToName">topic</attribute>
   </mbean>

> And there by have bound all current and future topics to the JNDI
> java:jms/topic
>
> Then the res-jndi-name would work:
>
> <res-jndi-name>java:jms/topic/testTopic</res-jndi-name>
>

> The only problem then is the ConnectionFactorys, since they are bound to
> the "" namespace. Localy that could be solved by a LinkRef, but to
> another server, I still do not know how to do it.

Is all that your trying to do related to the current fact that the ApplicationMetaData
object requires resource names to be relative to the java: context? I view this
requirement as invalid and I am going to remove this requirement so that resource
references can refer to any context.