I found the cause of this problem.. was the formatting of my query that was
preventing it from running.

I have some more strange

  |  private void storeRow() throws SQLException
  |     {
  |     String updateStatement =
  |       "update Account set " +
  |       "credit =  ?, " +
  |       "discount = ?, " +
  |       "openedDate = ?, " +
  |       "closedDate = ?, " +
  |       "where id = ?";
  |     PreparedStatement prepStmt = con.prepareStatement(updateStatement);
  |
  |     prepStmt.setInt(1, this.m_id.intValue());
  |     prepStmt.setDouble(2, this.m_credit);
  |     prepStmt.setDouble(3, this.m_discount);
  |     prepStmt.setDate(4, new java.sql.Date(this.m_openedDate.getTime()));
  |     prepStmt.setDate(5, new java.sql.Date(this.m_closedDate.getTime()));
  |
  |     int rowCount = prepStmt.executeUpdate();
  |     prepStmt.close();
  |
  |     if (rowCount == 0)
  |       {
  |       throw new EJBException("Storing row for id " + m_id + " failed.");
  |       }
  |     }
  |   }

I had to change to the following so the ID is entered into the last space in
the query which it was not doing before.

  |  private void storeRow() throws SQLException
  |     {
  |     String updateStatement =
  |       "update Account set " +
  |       "credit =  ?, " +
  |       "discount = ?, " +
  |       "openedDate = ?, " +
  |       "closedDate = ?, " +
  |       "where id = ?";
  |     PreparedStatement prepStmt = con.prepareStatement(updateStatement);
  |
  |     prepStmt.setDouble(1, this.m_credit);
  |     prepStmt.setDouble(2, this.m_discount);
  |     prepStmt.setDate(3, new java.sql.Date(this.m_openedDate.getTime()));
  |     prepStmt.setDate(4, new java.sql.Date(this.m_closedDate.getTime()));
  |     prepStmt.setInt(5, this.m_id.intValue());
  |
  |     int rowCount = prepStmt.executeUpdate();
  |     prepStmt.close();
  |
  |     if (rowCount == 0)
  |       {
  |       throw new EJBException("Storing row for id " + m_id + " failed.");
  |       }
  |     }
  |   }

But the problem has now changed..........

ejbStore dies on the same error after I call my create method, but now works
fine after I call a finder method?

  | public Integer ejbCreate(Integer id, double credit , double discount,
java.util.Date openedDate, java.util.Date closedDate)

  | throws CreateException
  |     {
  |     try
  |       {
  |       insertRow(id, credit, discount, openedDate, closedDate);
  |       }
  |     catch (Exception ex)
  |       {
  |       throw new EJBException("ejbRemove: " + ex.getMessage());
  |       }
  |
  |     this.m_id = id;
  |     this.m_credit = credit;
  |     this.m_discount = discount;
  |     this.m_openedDate = openedDate;
  |     this.m_openedDate = closedDate;
  |
  |     return this.m_id;
  |     }

Its almost as if its trying to sync the bean with persistant storage before the
create method has a chance to insert to the database.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3954885#3954885

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3954885