Hi there,

  we are currently evaluating the options for building a multi-chanel product
(mobile, web, etc.). During the process we found JBOSS and toyed around with
it a bit. The key people in our company are used to WebSphere/DB2/Oracle, but
we are quiet impressed by what we've seen so far from JBOSS/postgres. It
seems to be less annoying then WebSphere ;-)

  We now need to talk our management into it. What we are very much
interested in would be references to productive sites utilizing JBOSS. We
would greatly appreciate any comment on this subject, preferrably from sites
which use an open source database.

  Furthermore we are interested in how you do O/R mapping, e.g. are you using
MVCSoft Persistence Manager?

  What are you're perceptions in terms of availability, clustering, learning
curve and annoyance?

  Did anybody set up postgresql to be failsafe?

  Does anybody know when JBOSS 3.0 will be delivered (ball park figure). What
is the current state? Does it make sense to start developing with it in
respect of our schedule, which is a first release in Jan/Feb 2002?

  What other free / low cost ejb containers/servers are available? Any
experience with it (especially JOnAS and OpenEJB would be interesting!)?

    Last no least. Are there any special things to note about tools?
Integration with JBOSS etc.?

Sorry for posting so many questions, but I would appreciate any comments on
any of the topics.

Thanks very much in advance ;-)
Mariano