Describe your environment:
JBoss Portal Version
2.4.0 CR1

Did you get Portal from CVS? or download it?
download

JBoss AS Version
4.0.4 GA

Database Vendor and Version
enterprise db 8.1

JDBC Connector and Version
EnterpriseDB Native Driver, version: EnterpriseDB 8.1.3.12

OS Platform
windows xp sp2

Describe the problem:
I'm trying to use jboss portal, facelets/myfaces, and seam.  When I initially
load a portlet, everything works fine.  After logging in, the server gets the
information from the database and displays it correctly.  Once I click on any
command link or command button on the page, I get an authentication error.  Is
it possible that the authentication information is lost somewhere.   Also, this
worked fine in 2.4.0 Beta 1.

Post the error messages, if any.
Just the browser error : 401 "This request requires HTTP authentication ()"

Post important sections of stack traces inside Code blocks, if any.
none

Thanks,
Shaun

View the original post :