Hi Adrian, Alexy,
        The version of JBoss is 3.0.7 and database I am using is Sybase7.0.3.
        I can explain the scenario in a general way.
        The first scenario I explained is resolved. Actually I had to try only a work around.
        The solution is set a flag after the ejbCreate(). So in ejbStore() I check whether the flag is set, then don't execute the contents of ejbStore(). Please suggest if this work around has any effects. As I see it since, the data has been inserted in to the DB, the additional update is an overhead. Please bear my ignorance;-)
        The next scenario I am facing is also with the ejbStore. But here there is no preceding ejbCreate(). Here it is a setXXX() method which updates the VO.
        Putting this both scenario's and their behavior, I think its the level of locking with the DB.

        But I am not able to pinpoint the source of error. Actually I am new to this platform itself but I am catching up:-).
        Could you please tell where should I look :
1. for the isolation level(may be I know it, but not familiar with the term)
2. what is the locking mechanism used?

Thanks for the EXCELLENT Support,
Muraly