I concur, but I don't think we want to couple jde-ant with the Ant XML schema.
I would rather delegate to the Ant program.

I thought about the possibilty of using beanshell to invoke the Ant program
main. This would relieve the cost of starting up an additional VM. However, Ant
comes with shell scripts that--I believe--provide some useful/relevant
functionality, such as allowing the user to have a .antrc file. I'm reluctant to
move/duplicate this functionality to jde-ant, since not everyone using Ant to
build projects will be building strictly from JDE (if they even use JDE at
all...). Thoughts?

Jason

Knut Wannheden wrote:

> "Molitor, Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Cool!
> >
> > Would it be possible to have tab completion available when selecting the
> > build target (when running jde-ant-build, when jde-ant-read-target is on)?
> > The way find-file works?
> >

> [...]
>
> For this purpose one could also use regexps or sgml-mode functions.
> This would definitely be faster, but would require more work.  Users
> who don't want to have a JVM launched when running jde-ant-build would
> probably simply set jde-ant-read-target to nil.  I guess it is
> especially annoying if the list has to be rebuilt every time the
> command is invoked.  Or can this be delayed until the user actually
> tries to make use of completion (i.e. hitting TAB, SPACE, or RET)?
>
> --
> knut
begin:vcard
n:Stell;Jason