Paul,

Paul Kinnucan wrote:
> >It is a network drive.  The drive is mapped when I log in.  The
> >drive itself sits on a Linux machine while I am running Win98.
> >
> >Is this the problem?
>
> Yes. The JDE looks for a project file in the current directory tree
> starting at the current directory. It searches upward to the root. No root
> exists for mapped drives, leading to an infinite recursion. The current

^^^^^^^
> version of the JDE includes a fix that requires that ange-ftp be ...
  ^^^^^^^

When you say "current version" I assume that you mean 2.2.7.1.

> ... For now, the workarounds are
> 1) use a local drive or add (require 'ange-ftp) to your .emacs file.

I required ange-ftp and it still gives me the same error.

I'll try the next beta.

Thanks very much.  I'm glad to know why this is happening.

Cheers,

Benji

--
Benjamin Shults               Office: 310-B Stillwell
Department of Math and CS     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]