I'm not sure why it is worth it to integrate ant in this complex way.

I just run ant from a shell which has as one parameter the build.xml file and as the other a variable parameter representing the target:

#!/bin/sh

export PATH=/opt/IBMJava2-13/bin:${PATH}
export ANT_HOME=/usr/share/ant/
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-13
export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin
export
CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar:${JAVA_HOME}/lib/dt.jar:/usr/share/java/ant.jar:/usr/share/java/jaxp.jar:/usr/share/java/parser.jar:/usr/share/java/optional.jar:/usr/local/junit/junit3.2/junit.jar

ant -emacs -buildfile /usr/home/home/ralph/chaos/ant/chaos.xml $1

I set up an elisp routine to run ant from the build command

;; program to run ant in the different modalities

(defun make-with-ant (target)
"Function to run ant with different targets ....."
(interactive "sTarget? \n")
(setq jde-make-args target)
(jde-build))

(define-key java-mode-map "\C-ca" 'make-with-ant)

And set the jde-build-use-make to true
jde-make-program to the shell
jde-make-args to none.

Now everything works without a hitch.

If I want to repeat the last ant command I just hit "build" in the jde.

Also I have full control of where to place the build file etc.

Bye R.

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

   On 30 Oct 2001, Kevin A. Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   > How do existing Ant IDE integrations handle this?

   Depends on the IDE:

   AntRunner (the JBuilder integration) runs Ant as an external process,
   <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/antrunner/AntRunner/src/de/bogdoll/ot/antrunner/AntRunner.java?rev=1.16&content-type=text/plain>.

   NetBeans Ant module uses a front end of its own,
   <http://ant.netbeans.org/unbranded-source/browse/~checkout~/ant/src/org/apache/tools/ant/module/run/TargetExecutor.java?rev=1.17&content-type=text/plain>.

   Stefan

--
Dr R Jorre