Your right of course I just couldn't find the note in the last thread
that said removing *elc would do the trick.

There is also a problem if you have jde-jdk set to nil and don't have
JAVA_VERSION set. The docs lead me to beleive that if I don't have it
set it will just use whatever it can find in my path.  But this causes
a max-lisp-depth error and if I increase that max-specpdl-size errors and
so on.

--
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
                        you know where to find it